Thursday, August 25, 2011

Some silly quotes from Xavier lately:


First:
Xavier: "Mom I think I want to live in a castle."
Me: "Really, what would you do if you lived in a castle?"
Xavier: "I'd marry a princess!"
Me: "Who would be your princess?"
Xavier: "Hmmm. I don't know?"
Me: "Why don't you think about it and get back to me. Okay?"

Second:
We visited the doctor the other day and as we were checking out the doctor said to Xavier,
"Will you be a doctor when you grow up?"
Xavier replied, "No, I'm going to be a fireman. After that I'm going to be a Jedi."
When we were in the car he said "Mom, then when I'm done being a Jedi I'm going to be a paleontologist." Not a bad career path for a 4 year old.

Third:
We've been listening to a CD with all the Primary songs that he will be singing at church for his
annual primary program. There is a song called "Choose the Right" and the lyrics for the first verse are
Choose the right when a choice is placed before you.
In the right the Holy Spirit guides;And its light is forever shining o'er you,When in the right your heart confides.Choose the right! Choose the right!Let wisdom mark the way before.In its light, choose the right!And God will bless you evermore.

Every time Xavier finishes the first verse he says, "Mom choose the right, not the left!" It's so cute. Then he asks, "what is choosing the left anyway?"

Any thoughts on what choosing the left would be?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this kid. And I'm only mildly disapointed that he didn't name Skyler as his princess. :)

As for your ice cream post, that place looks awesome. I'd have to say ice cream is my favorite dessert as well, especially this time of year. But don't even pretend this place tops Tasty Twist. :)

The Richardson Clan said...

Hey Steph- I did ask Xavier later if he had decided who his princess would be and he did in fact say Skyler. :)