Monday, August 8, 2011

MusikFest

We celebrated our 8th anniversary with a trip to Musikfest. Every August Bethlehem, PA hosts Musikfest, which is a week long music festival. A lot of great bands come to this event every year. I guess it's a pretty big deal here in the Lehigh Valley. Tim surprised me with tickets to see Maroon 5. As we waited in the unbelievably long line to get into the venue I was giddy with excitement. One thing Tim and I loved to do when we dated was go to concerts. Some of our favorite concerts we've been to are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Usher, Ben Folds, Jason Mraz, and Jimmy Eat World. Tim and I have been fans of Maroon 5 since they came out with their first album. We got a little lucky at Musikfest, which makes this anniversary and concert a hit.

The 8th wedding anniversary is usually celebrated by giving something to your sweetheart that is bronze. Pottery and lace or linen are also symbols that commemorate an 8th wedding anniversary. For us, we decided to go see a Multi-Platinum pop sensation.
While we were waiting in line, the guy behind me in this picture offered us two front row seats to the concert. When he offered them to us Tim and I just looked at each other. All I could think was "What's the catch? Is he for real? Is this a scam? This can't really be happening?"After a couple minutes we ended up taking him up on his offer. AND I'm sooo glad we did.

Front row baby!

The guy must have known we were celebrating something special when he offered us those tickets!

Tim's sister pointed this out, but Tim kind of resembles Adam Levine. All he needs is some tighter jeans and he could pass as his double.

It started raining during the concert, but that didn't stop the show or our enthusiasm. The concert was so much fun! I love going to concerts where I pretty much know every song they sing.

He's got "moves like jagger".


I'm a pretty lucky gal to have such a great hubby. I'm glad we can experience life together and share in every moment whether it is happy, sad, fun, hard, challenging, or scary. This year has been a year full of moments that have tested and tried our family. We have experienced many life changing moments including a move away from everything familiar, a new baby added to our family, a new job for Tim, and trying to establish a home for our growing family. Events like this have taught us to come together as a couple and a family unit to establish the kind of life we want. Every year that goes by just solidifies my devotion to Tim and I realize even more fully that I married the right person for me.

The number eight is considered particularly auspicious in Chinese culture because it sounds similar to the word for 'prosper' or 'wealth'. It is pronounced like "bah" in Mandarin (pinyin: bā). I can't wait to see what this next year will bring for Tim and I and our family. I hope it is a year where we prosper, not so much in financial gains, but in the things that matter most- family, faith, friends, and finding joy in the every day.

1 comments:

Linz said...

He really does look like Adam Levine and I love their new single!! I'm so glad you could do this together and I can't believe you had front row seats!