Zucchini car!
We went to the Easton Farmer's Market this weekend. They were hosting the Zucchini 500. Each child got to make a zucchini car. They were able to race in the sports car class, mid-size class, or jumbo class. Unfortunately we got there a little late and were unable to enter the race. But Xavier made a zucchini car to take home.

He put flames on the side and the number 17 on the top. He's a winner in my book!
Gavin was cheering daddy and Xavier on as they created their zucchini car.
After our zucchini fest we walked around to sample the delicious local eats. Xavier had to stop and listen to the local duo singing.
A pony even came to say hello.
I took the boys to the Farmer's Market a couple weekends ago as well and they loved it. I didn't bring my camera that time, but they had skateboarders, a bounce house, a climbing wall, a live band, sand art, dunk tank, and lots more. Now every time we pass through the downtown square Xavier asks if the farmer's market has started. I'm glad my boys enjoy it because I think it will be a common weekend stop for us.

Tim also spotted a good old fashioned "cruise" event just down the road from our house. When you have a husband and two boys, you can't really pass up an opportunity to check out some sweet hot rods and classic cars. I can taste the testosterone baby! Vroom! Grunt! Vroom!
Sorry my son is flashing you in this picture. He was pretty impressed with the flames on this car.
I don't think I've seen a car older than this one.

Listening to oldies music and watching all these cars reminded me of the Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan. It may not have been as big as the Dream Cruise, but it was certainly a blast from the past!
0 comments:
Post a Comment