Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Xavier's 4th Birthday Party- Decorations

I have a lot of catching up to do! This month has been busy with a trip to Michigan, Xavier's birthday party, my twin sister and her family visiting, and planning a quarterly Primary Activity. So here goes......

Once Xavier told me he wanted a shark party I was super excited to plan it because there were so many fun ideas to choose from. It was hard for me to narrow down my choices of what I was going to do. Xavier was so excited to finally get his shark party. He's been helping me and watching me make stuff all month.


The invitation: I just kept the front simple with a number 4.


Then when the kids open the card- C-H-O-M-P! A shark pops out! This was fun to make for the first few, but it became very time consuming. I had to trace each part of the shark separately, cut each piece out, and then glue each piece together to get the pop out effect. (Yeah, about halfway through making them I was wishing I had chosen a simpler card. I tend to do this every time I make a large batch of cards) Then when Xavier saw the card and was beyond happy it made all those hours worth it.


I added a black eye for some more dimension.


The back of the card had all the party details: Join us for some fun and a bite!
The plan of attack.....date, time, address, RSVP. Then I cut a shark bite out of the corner of the paper.


I made a simple door hanger for the front door.


It wouldn't be a Richardson birthday without one of my handmade birthday banners. I put this on our wall in our kitchen. Since we don't have anything hanging there, it was nice to add some spice and color to our wall. (After the party I didn't want to take it down)


Pin the Fin on the Shark. I just drew this on posterboard and then cut it out.


Shark toss! The kids had 3 balls to try to throw in the sharks mouth.


Fingerprint ocean scenes. The kids could use their fingerprints to make fish or any other type of ocean scene they wanted. These bags were going to be used for the.......



SHARK pinata! Be careful it might attack! Not really, but it's pretty mean looking.


Since it was great weather I put all of Xavier's ocean toys in his water table along with a bunch of shark squirter toys.


I placed a bunch of Xavier's shark and ocean books in our living room along with some ocean puzzles.


I made these clothespin sharks to give to the children as prizes for winning each game.


Utensils


Utensil bucket


Party favors: the tags said "Thank you for making Xavier's birthday fin-tastic!"


Inside the party favor bag was a 3-D foam shark craft, a shark squirter, shark fruit snacks, and shark bubbles.


I made another shark cake along with some cupcakes that I arranged in the shape of a fish.
The sprinkles were blue and green fish.

Voila! The decor and games......Stay tuned for pictures from the party.
,

3 comments:

Linz said...

AHHHHH! So fab!! I love all of the things that you created. I wish I had that skill!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Ash, this is FABULOUS!!! You are seriously my inspiration on so many levels. X looked like he had a ball! Such fun ideas for the games!

Aubreydoll said...

Ashley, that is AMAZING!!!!! Wow, everything from the card right down to the cake! Do you have a Cricut yet?? If you don't, you NEED one!