Friday, May 13, 2011

Gavin- 10 months old

My baby is not so little anymore! I can't believe how fast he's growing and that in just 2 short months he will be a year old. He is cruising around furniture now and loves to climb our stairs. If I forget to put the gate up he lets out this squeal and giggle as he makes a b-line for the stairs. He thinks it's hilarious that I chase him to make sure he doesn't fall down the stairs.

Gavin loves to try and get in the bathrooms. Why? I do not know, but he is fascinated. I did catch him playing in toilet water one day (I must not have shut the door all the way). Since then I always have to make sure the bathroom doors are shut.

Gavin has been cutting his four top teeth all month and one of them has finally cut through. He hasn't been the happiest camper because of it.

Gavin loves going outside and swinging at the park.

Gavin knows the signs for more, all done, fan, airplane and drink. He also loves to wave hello or bye bye to everyone. And just recently started to blow kisses.

Gavin is pretty much done with baby food. I have to trick him in numerous ways to get him to eat it for me. He is all about table food and is a great eater. Did I mention he loves chicken. He likes it so much that if he runs out and wants more he screams until I get more on his plate.

When Gavin is excited about something he flaps his hands and arms up and down as fast as he can.

Everywhere we go, people comment on how happy and smiley Gavin is. I'm so glad this hasn't changed. He is such a happy little fella. He truly is my sunshine and makes me happy when skies are gray!

One thing Gavin is not, is cuddly. I can try all I want to cuddle with him and he just pushes on me to get down. He is a busy little guy and is into everything- pulling books off the shelf, pulling the toilet paper off the roll, trying to open cupboards, and exploring every nook and cranny of our house.


Another thing Gavin loves to do is to roll, chase, throw, and bounce balls. I can't even tell you how many balls we have in this house. It's a ridiculous amount. Just recently he started picking up a mini bat that we have and attempts to swing it. He's been watching his brother.

Gavin also bounces on his bum. It is the funniest thing to watch. He'll be sitting and when he gets excited he'll start jumping around on his bum. Then he'll giggle and do it again, giggle and do it again. It cracks me up.


Spring has brought more fun time outside in the sun!


Look at his two teeth smile! What's not to love about this precious face?

2 comments:

Linz said...

He looks like he has just the most perfect baby skin. What a beautiful baby boy!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Oh my gosh, what a handsome boy!! I can't believe how big he is.