There are lots and lots of pictures and two posts from our New York visit. What can I say, New York is Queen of eye candy. Sooooo much to see and so much to do. We just touched the surface! I'm proud to say that we survived lugging 3 kids around this big old city.
We parked our cars in New Jersey and took the train into the city. Our first stop was the Twin Towers sight. Right now the 9/11 Memorial is under construction, so there wasn't much to see beyond orange nets, big cranes, and loud noisy machines.
There is a wall memorial recognizing those who died that is really neat. This section has an image of the Twin Towers with smoke at the top of the buildings. I couldn't even imagine what it was like for those that experienced this firsthand. What a sad day in our country's history.
Our next stop was Battery Park. As we walked along the park I couldn't help but notice how amazingly quiet and peaceful it was. If I was blindfolded and someone brought me here, I never would have guessed it was in the middle of New York City!
We decided to opt out of taking the free ferry to get closer to the Statue of Liberty (waiting in line for an hour or two or however long it would have taken, with kids, didn't seem appealing to us), but if you look REALLY close you'll see the Statue of Liberty in the background.

Then onto the subway to get to Central Park.
Funny story, as we were riding the sub, Tim said he was feeling a little wet. Sure enough, Gavin had filled his diaper and peed all over Tim. :) Oops! Good thing I brought extra clothes. So Gavin has been butt naked in Central Park. He! He! Probably the only person that could get away with it.

As we were eating lunch in Central Park it just so happened that a camera crew and some guys sat on the bench next to us. What do you think it was filming?
I love this picture. Xavier was pretending to be Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon and he was acting out the part where Hiccup is drawing in the dirt with a stick.
We had to check out the Lego store. Now can I just say, "I want that job!" How cool would it be to build stuff like this all day long?
Talk about a hunk of chocolate. If we didn't ask Xavier to share he definitely would have eaten this entire thing himself. Can we say choco-holic?

Can Can!







3 comments:
I want to go, I want to go!!! I have always wanted to go to NYC. I think my favorite picture is the last one. So good to see you and your twin together, having fun!
Oh your so beautiful!! I miss you so much :( So excited to see you soon!
It looks like the kids held up so well on a busy day! Looks like so much fun! The perks of living in the East!
Post a Comment