Saturday, July 3, 2010

Splash Park


Our first week in Pennsylvania I was hoping to find some kind of splash park. I couldn't go through the summer without getting Xavier some time in the water. After hours of searching the internet I didn't find any. A couple weeks later one of my friends let me in on a secret. We found 2 splash parks in neighboring cities, so I thought we'd test one out while Grandma and Grandpa were visiting.
There were a lot of kids at the park that day and they covered the drains so that a huge puddle would form. Then they'd all sit in a big mass in the middle of the puddle. Xavier of course had to join the crowd. Here he is being a little fish.

He spent most of his time sitting on his belly, but every couple minutes he'd get up, jump to make a big splash in the puddle, then run through this tunnel twice. He'd follow this routine over and over again until he got a little chilly and wanted to play on the regular park equipment.

He also placed his claim on this water truck. It even got a little ugly when he hit a couple girls while they tried to sit next to him. Boy was his alpha male showing today. But after some rebukes from mama he let the girls sit next to him as long as he could hold the steering wheel.


0 comments: