Xavier has stepped into his role as Big Brother without any hesitation. He loves Gavin so much. Every morning Xavier asks "Where's my baby." I'll ask him if he's mommy and daddy's baby too and he will insist that it's only his baby. He also has been role playing that he's the daddy, I'm the mommy, and Gavin is our baby. Luckily we haven't had any jealous acts of rage and I've been able to balance one on one time with Xavier, which I think has helped Xavier welcome his baby brother with loving arms.
I'm sure this is just the "honeymoon" phase so to speak and there will be plenty of moments of anger, frustration, and demands for my attention, but I'm going to enjoy this time as much as possible. I'm so glad Xavier has another person to love in our house and that he can learn to be helpful, loving, gentle, and mature by having a younger sibling. Having Gavin in our home has been a joy and will be the best way for Xavier to learn to share and get along with other little people.
Xavier loves to "exercise" with Gavin. Every time I put Gavin on his stomach Xavier is instantly by his side cheering him on.
The only way I could teach Xavier what gentle kisses were was by telling him to give Gavin Spined Pygmy Shark kisses. If you don't know what a Spined Pygmy Shark is, it's the smallest shark in the world. Sounds kind of silly, but it worked like a charm and now Xavier kisses Gavin with the utmost care.
Every time Gavin wiggles or opens his eyes it makes Xavier giggle like crazy. I was so glad I caught it on camera.
Xavier likes to give Gavin his pacifier. He also likes to take it away from Gavin and sometimes chuck it across the room. I guess he can't be perfect all the time. Sometimes he just has to be a tease like big brothers always do.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
5 comments:
Ahhh! Brothers!!!!! Is there any cuter?!
I LOVE the picture of Xavier laughing! So cute. Glad to hear everyone is adjusting well.
It makes me melt to see Xavier in this role! I think he will continue to adore Gavin. You'll have your days for sure, but hopefully they'll just be hit and miss. I was terrified after Skyler bit Gracie recently that our honeymoon stage had ended, but we haven't had any repeat incidents yet!
I love the picture of Xavier laughing too!!!
What a great big brother! It definitely makes things easier. X looks like he is having the best time with those big smiles. That is one thing that I've noticed about having 2 kids, the pure love between them. It's so awesome to see their relationship grow.
Very cute pics!! Makes me miss you guys so much. It feels like I should just be loading the kids up and coming over to hang out. Ahh, I guess we will just have to wait for Novemeber. I'm pretty sure Alli will not make the drive out there yet...she is still pretty crazy in the car.
Oh, and I'm so glad the adjustment of 2 kids is going well. You definitely deserve a break somewhere. Love ya!
Those first few months are absolutely amazing! I love the shark kisses (not even going to attempt spelling it), so funny! I wish we could hold that little guy! (And Bauer was just telling me today that he really misses Xavier and wishes that he didn't have to move!)
Post a Comment