Friday, July 16, 2010

Learning and Growing

I am learning many things about Gavin.
First, he HATES getting his diaper changed.
Second, he HATES getting dressed
Third, he LOVES to sleep
Fourth, he LOVES to eat
Fifth, he LOVES his big brother
Sixth, he HATES being bathed, but LOVES having his hair washed
Seventh, he LOVES to suck on anything that comes near his mouth, pacifier, fingers, blankets, shirts, he even got my chin once.

He is such a calm and content baby as long as he's fed, clothed, and sitting in a dry diaper. He has such a sweet countenance about him and I hope it continues.... When he was born the first thought I had was "he looks nothing like Xavier to me. He looks like his own little person." His eyes especially remind me of Tim's dad. I'm really hoping he has hazel eyes like Tim. It will be fun to see who he looks like more in the months to come.

Gavin has set a Richardson record for being the biggest baby. When they weighed him I couldn't believe it! My total weight gain with Gavin was 19 pounds. At my final ultrasound they estimated his weight at 7 lbs. 6 oz. give or take a pound. Given my weight gain I was pretty certain he wouldn't be any bigger than 7 lbs. Especially since I had gained 27 lbs. with Xavier and he was 13 days late, I thought for sure Gavin would be smaller than Xavier was (7 lbs. 7 oz) Boy was I wrong. A whopping 8 lbs. 2 oz.! It must have been all the hamburgers I ate at the end that pushed him over the top.

Gavin also came even faster than Xavier did. I pushed for about 15 minutes with Xavier. I think I pushed about 6 times before Gavin came out. Luckily for me that meant an easier recovery. Seeing that Xavier has so much energy I'm guessing that was a blessing from above. I just wouldn't have had the luxury of sitting on the couch and resting once I got home.

1 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

So happy that you've had an easier recovery! You're right, you can't afford to rest as much the second time around!

And, seriously, you only gained 19 pounds??