Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ultrasound #3

I had a special treat today. I got another ultrasound. The reason they scheduled the ultrasound was because I haven't gained very much weight with this pregnancy. Only 15 pounds. When I asked my doctor about it at my check up last week she seemed a little concerned too. She wanted me within the usual 25 to 35 pound range. I was in this range with Xavier too so it seemed to her that my weight gain should be similar with the second. The result: an ultrasound today. They wanted to check the growth of the baby and the fluid levels to make sure all was well. I have been a little nervous, but my appointment turned out positive. Our little man is about 6 lbs. right now and the amniotic fluid levels are in the normal range. I guess at this point there is nothing to be concerned about, thank goodness. And a plus I got another sneak peek of our little guy with some pictures as a momento. Only 4 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Oh man, I'm so glad to hear everything looks ok. It's so fun to see the baby again! I'm so jealous..only 15 pounds:) You surely look amazing!

Linz said...

I can't wait to hear the news! So impressed with your weight gain!