Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Moving Day



Every time Tim and I have moved we've taken a picture in front of our home. Since we forgot to do it until the very end of the day I couldn't be in it. Here are my two guys posing for the last time in front of 1558 Cambria Drive.



What a cheeseball! Xavier loved checking out all the buttons and gadgets in the moving truck

We are grateful to everyone that came that day to help us pack up our enormous 26 foot truck. I thought for sure we'd have extra room, but we managed to fill the entire thing. Tim didn't pack the boxes extremely high, but we still managed to fill it. Our car was attached to the truck by trailer. Thankfully John was able to take some time off to drive the truck with Tim. Thanks goodness for that! Tim was definitely nervous pulling such a big load by himself. The two of them made it all the way without any major issues. Yet another huge blessing.

While the boys were on their exciting road trip adventure I stayed with Reva and the kids for a couple days. Xavier had an absolute ball hanging out with his cousins Zach, Eli, and Abbi. He got to go to one of Zach's baseball games and he got to play lots of sports with the big guys. He pretty much wore Eli's batting helmet the entire time we were there.






Then Xavier and I flew to Pennsylvania. Grandma and Grandpa Richardson picked us up from Reva's and took us to the Flint airport. On the way we had lunch and stopped by a family friend's house for Xavier to run off some energy before the flights.




I thought this plane swing was quite fitting. He got to "fly" the airplane before we got on the big airplane. He also got to jump on the trampoline and slide down the slide.

Xavier did awesome on both flights. He stayed in his seat and loved that he got to wear a seatbelt. We read books, played with some toys, ate snacks, and watched Thomas the Tank Engine. Towards the end of the second flight he pretty much collapsed into my lap. Xavier has never been one to just fall asleep in the middle of something. He pretty much only falls asleep for nap time or bed time. So when he was watching his show and all of a sudden just fell asleep and landed in my lap I was a little surprised. All in all, both flights were as good as I could have hoped for and we made it safe and sound. Xavier was beaming when he saw daddy walking towards us in the airport. Home sweet home. Well, I guess the sweet part will come after all the packing is done.

1 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

That airplane swing is cool! And I can't believe Xavier fell asleep on the flight, he must have been exhausted!

We really miss you guys, Bauer has talked about Xavier not coming over since he doesn't live in Michigan anymore and it breaks my heart!