It's sad to say that this past weekend was the first time we've gone swimming with Xavier this summer. Seeing that I hate swimsuits even when I'm not pregnant I just haven't wanted to wear a swimsuit being 9 months pregnant. But we have awesome neighbors. Doug and Carol are our most amazing and sweet neighbors. They are our grandparents away from home. They also happen to have a pool and generally swim a lot on the weekends with their children and grandkids. Carol has invited us over to swim several times and we've turned them down, but this weekend we finally took them up on their offer. Xavier was ecstatic. I was a little nervous because we haven't bought him a life jacket or anything this year. Luckily Doug and Carol had the arm floaties. I wasn't sure how Xavier would do, but as soon as he got into the water he was swimming like a champ. He didn't need mom to hold on to him or anything. I was surprised that the arm floaties were enough to keep him afloat.
Xavier's absolute favorite thing is to jump into the deep end. So he spent most of the time doing just that- jumping and splashing. As you probably guessed, I even put the dreaded maternity swimsuit on and enjoyed the pool myself. I admit it was so much fun I wish I would have done it sooner.
My little fish! (Xavier would probably prefer to be a shark) He asked me if there were any sharks in the pool. That probably would have been even cooler for Xavier if there really were sharks.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
1 comments:
How fun!! X looks like he is loving it. Thats awesome that your neighbors have a pool.
I know today is your due date so I have been thinking about you a lot! I hope everything has been going ok and the lil man isn't causing you to much pain:)
keep me posted, love ya!!
Post a Comment