Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Noah, Kendra, Porter, and Ronan came to visit us for Memorial weekend. It was so great to see some familiar faces after unpacking. We kicked back and had some fun for a few days. We probably will only see them a couple more times before they move to Turkey so we made the most of it!



One day Noah and Tim hung out with the boys so Kendra and I could have a girl's day. We went shopping, out to lunch, and saw a movie, Letters to Juliet. It was so great to have a girl's day with one of my favorite people. The dad's had given the kids a nap, played with them, and when we got home all five of them were sitting at the kitchen table eating their dinner. It was such a Kodak moment, I wish I'd had my camera. All the boys looked like sweet little angels as they were grinning from ear to ear. Kudos to the dad's for doing such a great job! Then at bedtime Tim read all the boys some stories. It was so cute to see Tim surrounded by these 3 amazing little boys.



Now that we have a backyard we decided to get a sprinkler for the boys to run through. Xavier was ecstatic. It's amazing how much happiness water brings to kids.



There is my little fish.



Ronan wasn't too fond of the sprinkler so he decided to stay on the porch and play with the other toys.



I've been playing around with some of the features on my camera. I don't think I've ever taken a picture of these boys where all of them are looking at the camera. It was fun to take some pictures to highlight all the blue the boys had on.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cool! It's always nice to have familiar friends visit!

Kendra said...

We had SOOOOOO much fun:) That was exactly was what we needed. Our girl's day was fabulous as well! Definitely one of my favorite things ever, to have girls time with you, also one of MY favorite people! What a coincidence;)The boys were super great to let us do it, and they were quite on the ball! I love the sprinkler shots too-so awesome. We need to get a camera like yours. Porter keeps asking for sprinklers now. Poor guy. Thanks for letting us play with you that weekend, and we'll see you soon! love you!

Linz said...

I'm so jealous that your townhome has such a nice yard! What a great new home!!!!! Those boys are so cute. I love that color setting on cameras, can't remember what it's called but sometimes Nate plays around with it. Enjoy your new home!!

Stephanie said...

It was so good to catch up with you last night. I'm going to appreciate your blog even more now that I can't see your pretty face every week!!! :)

Aubreydoll said...

Oh man, Xavier must be going crazy now that he has his own backyard!! That's so great!