Go Giants! Xavier had been waiting for this moment all day yesterday. I think he sang Take Me Out to the Ball Game about a hundred times. Last night was LDS family night at the ball park. Someone organized last night as a night for lds families to go to the baseball game, so we definitely joined in on the fun. We had great seats and got discounted tickets.
Instead of driving to the game we took the CalTrain. It was so much nicer than the BART and it was a double decker train that went about twice as fast as a normal train. I think Xavier had more fun on the ride there than at the game. His nose was pretty much stuck to the window the entire time. We went through plenty of tunnels and every time we did he would say, "I see a dragon blowing fire out of his mouth." Good thing the dragons didn't blow the fire on our train.
Here we are in front of the ballpark standing in front of the statue of Willie Mays Jr.
This ball park was so nice! The Oakland A's stadium, let's just say looked like the ugly step sister compared to this one. Poor Oakland. They had an entire section for kids. The Coke bottle has 4 slides kids can go down.
Xavier even got to practice his batting skills. After he hit the ball, instead of running the bases he went chasing after his ball.
I can just see him 5 or 6 years from now in the outfield chasing after baseballs with as much energy and spirit.
Coming off the slide.
By about the fourth inning Xavier was getting quite restless. He pretty much didn't sit in his chair the entire time, but he started asking to go home. So I pulled out the old tickle monster trick to keep him entertained. As we were playing Xavier said "I'm a superhero!" I said "Really? What powers do you have?" He instantly replied "I have HORSEPOWER!" and shot his hands into the air as if he were getting ready to fly. It was the most hilarious thing he's ever said. He never ceases to surprise me with his BIG imagination.
Tim got this shot of the stadium and the bridge in the background. Pretty cool to see the water right by the park.
What's a baseball game without a hot dog. If you look close you'll see a mustard mustache on Xavier's mouth. I think he ate most of the hot dog and enough peanuts for the next year.
Xavier has quickly become a fan of the SF Giants.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
Ya'll look like you are having such a fun time!! I can't even keep up with your posts. Tim, how is the internship coming along? Ashley...your hair still looks SUPER CUTE! Xavier...still adorable! Come back to our side of the world soon.
You guys are living the life out there. Glad you are having so much fun and doing so many fun things. Xavier looks like he has grown up a lot!
Post a Comment