Our 4th of July celebration was a trip to Half Moon Bay. It was pretty cloudy and the water was super cold, but we still gave it a go. When we got to the beach Tim noticed some dolphins swimming in the water. It was so neat to see real dolphins so close to shore. (I've heard that if dolphins are swimming close to shore that means sharks are close by too; not sure if that's true, but thankfully we didn't see any sharks)
Xavier loves being buried in the sand and letting his "wormies" his toes pop back out of the sand. He also loves digging gigantic holes, mainly so he can slide down the side of it and fall into the pit. After a while Tim wasn't able to dig the sand out fast enough before he'd slide into the pit and along with him fill the hole with sand again.
Here is Xavier behind his mound of sand.\
I didn't get any pictures of the firework show. We visited a neighboring city, Santa Clara, for their fireworks display. Xavier loved being able to sip on a "slurfee" (slurpee) before the show started. As the fireworks started to go off Xavier was not a big fan. He kept saying "It's like Mulan. It's like the bad guy." If you've ever seen the movie Mulan you'll know what I'm talking about. At the end of the movie there is a scene with fireworks and the bad guy is trying to kidnap the emperor. I had no idea he would make this connection and therefore seem terrified of the fireworks. We had to reassure him that the fireworks were nice fireworks. He still insisted we go home. As we started walking toward the car he shouted "Stop! I want to watch the fireworks!" Oh how quickly toddlers change there mind. So we stayed for the rest of the show. It was an awesome show too. One of the best I've seen in years. Needless to say he still hasn't stopped talking about the fireworks and it's been over a week.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment