Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

We decided to go to the San Francisco Zoo. It's no San Diego Zoo, but it was definitely worth the trip. There is a children's section that was fabulous. Xavier got to get up close and personal with several smaller animals- he got to pet a rabbit and a turtle. We did not get to see any gorillas (which was total bummer because one of the gorillas had just had a baby.) The giraffe exhibit was awesome because they were only a couple feet away from us. Our favorite was the grizzly bear exhibit.


There was a huge reinforced wall between us and the grizzly bears, but they would come right up to the window. It was neat to see them so close and wonderful that we were protected by the wall. :)




Xavier loved the animal farm. He looks like a little farm boy. I think Xavier liked this one as much as Grandpa Richardson's giant lawnmower.



Maybe we could go into the farming business.



He even got to brush the goats hair. I think he tried to make sure he brushed every goats fur at least once.



After being at the zoo for about 6 hours we called it a day. We did so much walking our feet were throbbing by the end. And as you can see the bambinos were all tuckered out. I love it when they're sleeping. They look like such angels.

4 comments:

Linz said...

I love his barefeet in the stroller!

Kendra said...

OOOOHHHHHHH!!!! We were soooooooooooo sad that we couldn't come!! We even seriously still considered it at 10:00 Friday morning:( We decided though that I might have a panic attack though, and it was best if we stayed home and got more stuff done:( So crazy that my relatively uneventful July turned into having to get ready and plan a trip for Frenchies for 3 weeks and getting Noah planned and ready for his big interview! (also, what is your address out there? I'm sending you Porter's bday invite a little bit later than I would like.) We were with you in spirit though! We took the boys to the zoo too!!! I'm glad to know that we are on the same wave length:) X was so cute in all those farming pics! Anyway, sorry we are the worst friends ever and keep letting you down. I was so upset I cried. We love you to pieces though:) Missed you tons this weekend!!! hugs and kisses to all:)

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Looks like you guys are having a great summer, and doing lots of fun things. We are exicted to have you back in MI soon though!

Stephanie said...

You always know it was a great time when the kids pass out afterwards! How scary about the choking episode at the baseball game. As always, you guys are living it up in Cali! Come back soon!