Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

I have to write down a couple things Xavier has said recently because I don't want to forget them.

The week we spent with my nieces and nephew we decided to play outside one day. Gabe had pulled out his portable soccer nets and started to kick the ball around with Xavier and Tim. Out of the blue Xavier kicked the ball into the net and without skipping a beat shouted "I SHOT IT LIKE A BUCCANEER!" So of course we were all laughing hysterically because we have no idea where he came up with this and he just said it so confidently.

Secondly, this Tuesday morning I went into Xavier's room to get him out of his crib. I proceeded to change his diaper and felt his hand gently glide up and down my leg. He casually says "Mommy's legs are spiky." EEEKK! I know I hadn't shaved in a couple days but it must have been bad for X to notice. Then he felt his leg and said "Xavier's legs are spiky." What a silly kid.

Lastly, one morning Xavier and I were eating cereal. He was eating his beloved Kix and I was eating Raisin Bran or something along those lines. He kept saying "I want cereal." I kept reassuring him that he had cereal. Then he kept eyeing my cereal like crazy. I asked him if he wanted some cornflakes. He said "I want some snowflakes." So every time I have any type of cereal with cornflakes in it he asks to have some snowflakes.

Oh and I almost forgot, instead of calling me mommy, Xavier has started to call me "Nonny". Why I have no idea. I think he might call me that because I call him by so many nicknames he decided to give me a nickname too.

6 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Oh my gosh, that spiky legs comment was too much! I'm still laughing about it!

The Lindsays said...

So cute! Love the nickname he's given you...Ethan just calls me Alicia?! ;-)

Stephanie said...

LOL! He's a riot!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

He is so funny. I love the spiky legs comment. Don't our kids just keep us nice and humble?

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Ha that is hilarious. I liked the bucaneer one, honestly where did he get that from? So funny!! At church Dave was in the back and Tim was back there with Xavier too. Dave said X kept saying there's my buddy Kameron. Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little man! I have been told I have spikey legs more than once. Emma and Justice called me "honey" for a while. It was so funny. When they really want to get my attention they call me Sarah.