I've pretty much forgotten to bring my camera to all our fun activities this week. Last weekend we visited Grandma and Grandpa. We also went to the Children's Museum in Grand Rapids. I highly recommend it! Xavier had a blast and thankfully my sister-in-law saved the day and took tons of awesome pictures. It actually worked in my favor that I forgot my camera because I she got some really cool shots I never would have gotten. Once she sends them to me I'll post some of my favorites.
Sunday night Xavier had quite the bizarre night. He woke up hysterical and kept screaming. Finally I asked him what was wrong and he said "I want a granoodle bar". Your kidding me right, it's 4 am and my son has to eat something. So we stumbled down the stairs in the dark to obtain a midnight or I guess and early morning snack. I rummaged the closet and found a granola bar. He sat at the table and just held his granola bar. I urged him to eat it, but he wouldn't. After I don't know how long I finally decided to take his precious granola bar out of his hand and put him back to bed. He wasn't going to go upstairs without getting something he wanted, so he carried his drink of water. I made the mistake of bringing him into bed with me and Tim. He slept in the middle of us clinging to his sippy cup.
I couldn't sleep knowing Xavier was next to me. I have that fear of crushing him or suffocating him, so after a couple of hours I just scooped him up and put him back in his crib. All that for a granoodle bar he didn't even eat. The next morning as I walked into our dining room I saw that granola bar still sitting on the table. Such a great reminder of those precious hours of sleep lost. I think next time he screams for food at 4 am I'll assume he's just talking in his sleep and leave him in his crib.
We also got to visit the Butterfly Gardens at MSU. He had a blast with all of his friends chasing the butterflies and trying to catch them. He also managed to get some water play in by splashing in the little pond they had. Once again, no pictures. But it was lots of fun.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
1 comments:
I've really been wanting to check out the children's museum so we might have to go....in a few months!
Sorry you lost sleep, that's never a good thing! But yes, just assume he's dreaming and give him the granoodle in the morning! :)
Post a Comment