I have been quite a slacker lately on my posts. This time of year always seems to get quite busy. Here are some fun activities we did during the week before Easter Sunday. 
Tim and Xavier went to a Tigers game with Tim's brother Joe, Joe's father-in-law, and Joe's son Gabe. Xavier had a grand old time. I had an entire day to myself. I haven't had an entire day to myself since before Xavier was born. It was great! You'll probably think I'm crazy when I ended up cleaning most of the day. It was still great to not have to worry about anything but my to-do list.
For family home evening we talked about Jesus and the Resurrection. We made edible tombs for Xavier's treat. When we ask Xavier why we celebrate Easter he says "Jesus came back to life!"
Since Spring is here I thought we'd make our very own bird feeder. Xavier wanted to test it out on our duck before we hung it outside.
The letter of the week was E, so we made an E full of eggs.
I think Xavier liked making the Butterfly mosaics the best because as you can see he ate more jelly beans than he put on his butterfly. My buttefly is on the right and Xavier's is on the left. This activity also gave me a chance to talk to Xavier about Jesus, the Resurrection, and new life.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
3 comments:
I love that you used your "day off" to clean...I would have done the same thing. Sometimes I find that I don't know what to do with myself without kids around...movies, fun, girl time, what's that?!
Cute Easter FHE idea and letter stuff. You're such a fantastic mom!
I am catching up on your blogs and I'm LOVING all of your craft ideas and activities. It's inspiring.
I love his jelly bean butterfly, I think I would've eaten most of mine, too!
And a whole day to yourself?! I've forgotten what that would feel like...
Post a Comment