Sunday, March 22, 2009

Top O' The Morn

Xavier had croup this past week and I wanted to do something fun for St. Patrick's day since we've been at home a lot. I thought we'd make this St. Patrick's Day a super green day.



When Xavier woke up I read him the book called It's St. Patrick's Day. I asked him if he thought we'd see a Leprechaun. He said "yeah!". So we headed downstairs and found some little footprints in our living room.
Xavier followed the footprints to the corner of the room and discovered...




his very own pot of gold. It even had a four leaf clover! He was pretty excited about all of his gold.



Not only did he get a pot of gold, but that sneaky little Leprechaun left some breakfast for him too. His milk was green. He even had green yogurt, green grapes, and green cheerios. Xavier thought this was pretty silly.



After breakfast we sang some songs to go along with St. Patrick's day and made a rainbow with cheerios.



We even sorted shapes using lucky charms. Plus we practiced some counting with the charms too. Xavier had a blast celebrating this fun holiday and so did I. Holidays are so much fun when you have children to share them with.

3 comments:

Tim R said...

I know I am not impartial, but I think you are a great mom:)

Stephanie said...

I second that! I think it's awesome how much you do with Xavier! (And nice that you have a hubby that appreciates that!)

Aubreydoll said...

You're such a fun mom! We didn't do anything for St. Patrick's day!