Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break



To save a little bit of money on our road trip we packed snacks and sandwich fixins in our cooler. We decided to have a mini tailgate in the parking structure by Shedd's Aquarium. We definitely got several crusties from people looking for parking. I know it was just sandwich envy.



Xavier loved the boat at the aquarium. At our house all we have is a laundry basket for a boat.



Xavier is excited to see a frog. Look at that intense point and the big bright eyes.



Myla- isn't she a cutie? And a trooper. She spent 5 hours in the ER to get a diagnosis of her illness. It turned out to be RSV. YUCK!



Go Pistons!

My twin sister Ally, her husband Eric, and their daughter Myla came to visit us over Spring Break. It was so much fun to see them. Usually every time we see each other it's when our entire family is together. We never get just our twin time together. This time we did. We had so much fun hanging out.

We went to a Pistons game. This was Xavier's first live basketball game. He was the happiest kid at that game. We bought him a little Pistons basketball and he wouldn't let go of it for about 2 days afterwards. At the end of the game the score was about a 2 pt difference. The crowd started getting loud and screaming and cheering. Of course, Xavier joined the crowd. He would try to yell "OOOOOOHHHHH!" as loud as he could. It was so cute to see him get into the game. I realized this is the perfect place for him. He gets to watch sports AND be as loud as he wants.

We also spent a day in Chicago. We visited the Chicago Children's Museum which happened to be a free admission day- WAHOO! We also went to Shedd's Aquarium. I was definitely looking forward to the dolphin and whale show. Unfortunately they were on vacation due to the construction they are doing at the aquarium. We did get to see the cool shark exhibit and lots of turtles, frogs, and fish.

One of Ally's favorite things to do is eat. You'd never know it because she's a skinny little thing, but we had fun trying some of my favorite recipes while they were out here. Eric also had to visit Buffalo Wild Wings. Apparently they have commercials for it all the time, but don't have any BWW in Utah. So we ate there on their Tuesday wing night.

Ally and I got to do a little shopping and we stayed up late pretty much every night. Boy I realized just how much I miss my sis. I forget how much we just get each other. We grew up in the same house, we shared everything until we were 18, and it's nice to be able to just talk to a person who knows you better than anyone. I love you ALLY! You are such a fun, silly, inspiring, amazing, smart, talented, creative, beautiful and honest person. I feel lucky to be able to be twins with such a cool gal.

Thanks for coming out to visit. I am already looking forward to seeing you, Eric, and Myla in May on our way to Cali.

2 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

These pictures are just to cute. I love the one with Xavier looking into the glass...geez, we miss you guys!

Allison said...

Oh your so sweet!!! I just want you to know how amazed I am of you!!! Your beautiful inside and out, fantastic mom, funny, creative, outgoing, stylish, awesome person that I can never get enough of!!!I can't wait to see you guys soon.