
Fingerpaiting- who doesn't love it?
Xavier and the girls loved to dance on the table and sing to the Cheetah girls music.
Dinner time! If you will notice my shirt has about a zillion stickers on it. WHile the kids were at school and Xavier was napping Lilly and I had some fun girl time. She put tons of princess stickers all over my sweater. What was even more fun, she put cute stickers on all of my nails. 
Bedtime was a fun time to all jump on the bed and read some good stories.
I now know what it's like to be a mother of four- fun and E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-N-G! Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to take care of my 2 neices and nephew while their parents went on vacation. Tim and I watched them for almost a week. I had to give up my four door Accord for a nice little mini van. If you know me I'm one of those people who swears they'll never drive a mini van. After this experience I might change my mind if we have four kids of our own one day. ;) I thought I'd never say those words. Uugh!
Anyway the days were filled with playing chaeuffer and taking the kids to school, picking them up from school, taking Grace to cheerleading, helping the kids with their homework, making sure the kids were fed, bathed, and got enough rest, and so on and so on. The toughest part was trying to help with homework, cook dinner, and making sure Xavier didn't get into everything in sight all at the same time.
Toward the middle of the week Xavier started to climb up the side of the girls bunk beds to the top bunk. He even managed to jump off it a couple times. Scared me half to death. Luckily, he didn't get hurt. But after he learned to do this he just wanted to keep climbing up the ladder and jump off of it. Finally he realized he needed to ask mommy to come catch him if he was going to jump off. What a daredevil. You know the shirt that says "I do all my own stunts?" That is my child to a T.
I can't tell you how many times my future flashed before my eyes-- more than one child, school years, homework, taxiing kids all around town, etc. I thought after college I wouldn't have homework again, but I'm only on a little vacation. Homework will haunt me once again for many years to come.
Xavier absolutely loved having hids cousins aroun 24/7 for an entire week. He loved having Gabe around to play with. He also loved playing with the girls.
It was definitely fun having a couple girls around- playing dress up, doing their hair, seeing pink, purple, and princesses. I'm so used to balls, sports, trains, and cars that I forgot how much fun it is to have some girls around.
I am also well versed on Hannah Montanna, The Jonas Brothers, High School Musical, The Cheetah Girls, and My Little Ponies.
The kids were great the entire week. I grew to love my neices and nephew even more. It is neat to see what their lives are like day in and day out. I hope they have as many fun memories as I do from that week together.
Here are some cute pics of the kids during our week at Joe and Amy's.
How to Make Jello Worms for Halloween
1 day ago
2 comments:
Careful what you say about a mini-van...I said the same thing and here I am LOVING my little mini-van?! Motherhood, it changes you?! ;-) Looks like you had your hands full, but a good time.
WOW! I'm so impressed. 4 kids is a lot of work...especially when most of them are someone elses! :) Anyway, you are the BEST babysitter and we miss you! Hope you are well. (Not just for the babysitting...I miss your friendship too.)
Post a Comment