We held Xavier's birthday party for his friends on April 20th. Xavier wanted a Ninjago theme this year, but instead of doing EVERYTHING I did a few small things for the party and left the rest to Parkettes Gymnastics Gym.
This was the invitation I sent to all his friends. It was definitely a LOT easier than last year's light saber.
I also made a birthday wreath that I've wanted to do for some time. I plan on hanging on our door any time we have a birthday in our house. So, it will be used over and over and over again. The picture doesn't show all the detail, but intermixed in the balloons are tulle and patterned ribbon.
The party favor bags looked like Ninjas. I included a lego bracelet, some lego shaped crayons, a Ninjago pin, a little ninja guy, and a box of "Fruit Ninja" gummies.
We had a wonderful surprise the day before the party. The Donadieu Family made the trip from Washington D.C. to visit! Xavier was so excited to have his "friend cousins" visit for the weekend.
The guest list included: (It was a mix of friends from school, church, and his friends that we have met from various places)
Xavier Zachariah Olivia Danny Bethany
Gavin Ava Sydney Marie Izabella
Ronan Sebastian Jaden Peter Aiden
Porter Martin Toby Oliver Baxter
Miles Nicholas Jaiden Connor Penelope
I got basic cupcakes and made some Ninja cupcake toppers.
Parkettes Gymnastics Gym was a fabulous place for Xavier's party. There were three coaches that had the kids doing structured activities for an hour. All I did was socialize with the parents to make sure everyone felt comfortable, Tim took the pictures, and the coaches did the entertaining. It was a nice change and stress free for me. The coaches had the kids do some warm up drills. Then the kids played on the slides and balance beam.
Next was some bounce house fun.
Aiden posing for the camera.
How well can you balance?
More bounce house.
Then trampoline. Miss Penelope is in gymnastics as you can tell. Great form!
Gavin, a little unsure of the balance beam. Luckily there is a foam pit below.
The kids got to swing from a big rope into the foam pit.
Help me I can't get out. Believe it or not, the foam pit is pretty difficult to get out of. Once I'm in, I'm usually exerting a lot of energy trying to get out.
Last of all they brought the kids to the parachute and did some fun games with the kids and ended in the parachute bubble. Needless to say we had 26 tired, hungry, and happy kids at the end. This was a party success.
Gavin and I getting a quick snapshot before cupcakes.
Gavin was all about smiles for the camera today.
Xavier loves Legos these days, so he was in heaven when we had a few new lego projects to complete. This one was a Chima set.
This was the Golden Dragon from Ninjago. It took Xavier and I at least an hour to an hour and a half to complete this. It was a great morning activity.
Happy Birthday 6 year old. A year older and another year bigger, brighter, and better! We hope this coming year is as spectacular as our new six year old.







2 comments:
First of all, awesome party as always. I am impressed with how many people you invited! Second of all, why am I so lame??!!! I really wanted to send something to Xavier this year, because you guys have always been so thoughtful about that. I.have.no.brain.
So sorry....
Happy Belated Birthday to one of our favorite guys!
No worries Steph! Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Post a Comment