Monday, April 22, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt and a Lost Chick

Our friends invited us to an Easter Egg Hunt.  It was the perfect day for it!

 First the kids made birdhouses made of graham crackers, edible grass, and peeps for the bird.  I thought this was such a cute idea and the boys enjoyed decorating their houses.
 AND eating the leftover candies.
 This is little peep.
 My two handsome boys!
 Let the hunt begin!
 Gavin was cruising and went from one egg to the next filling his basket as quickly as he could.
 Look mom and dad!
 Xavier with his spoils.
 There were some challenging hiding spots.
 Especially this one.  It took Xavier several tries before he finally reach the one on the playhouse.
 Peek a boo!  He thought that if he hid in the playhouse I wouldn't know he was trying to eat all his candy.  Silly boy.  
After the egg hunt all the kids played outside.   I went to push one of the little girls on the swing and noticed I couldn't see Gavin anymore. My heart started pumping a million miles a minute and I went into panic mode.  I looked everywhere and still couldn't find him.  Then I told Tim he was missing and all the mom's and dad's started a boy hunt.  After several LONG minutes one of the mom's shouted "I found him.  I've got him!"  He had wandered a couple houses down the neighborhood and when I ran up to him I saw he was holding a pinecone.  I instantly took him in my arms and gave him a HUGE hug.  He said, "Look mom, a pinecone!"  He was completely oblivious to the panic he had caused.  I'm so glad our little chickadee was safe once again.

0 comments: