Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pre school Christmas program

Xavier was in his first Christmas program at school this year. He was so excited to be a Wise Man. He was happy to be able to have his two friends as his counterparts- Bryce and Joshua. During the first part of the program the boys sat on the very last bench in the meetinghouse and did a pretty good job of sitting still and waiting for their turn to see baby Jesus.

As the 3 Wise Men walked up to Mary and Joseph and the baby I couldn't help but smile with joy. I'm sure that is the same feeling the Wise Men had so long ago when they met Jesus for the first time, complete and utter joy. At that moment I had a swelling of gratitude in my heart for the wonderful person Mary was to bring our Savior into this world. Grateful that Joseph supported her every step of the way.

I love Christmastime because it is always a time to reflect. Reflect on the past year, reflect on years past, reflect on the relationships in my life both new and old, reflect on the future, reflect on lessons learned, reflect on personal growth, reflect on family moments, and most importantly on the miracles in life and what the Savior has allowed the world of souls to choose for themselves....to follow Him and make the world a better place or the alternative. I am grateful for the choice I have made and I hope I can persuade my children to do the same.


Xavier did such a wonderful job singing all the songs loud for all to hear. He is my music man and has such a sweet voice. He fills our home with a melody that doesn't get old no matter how many times you hear it.

0 comments: