Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gingerbread House Party

I've always wanted to host a gingerbread house making party. This year I decided to go for it. The night before the party I put together all of the graham cracker gingerbread houses. I attempted to use frosting to get the houses to stay, but it was not working all that well for me and it was going to take forever considering I had to make 8. I found a blog where the mom glue-gunned the houses together. So that's what I did. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but it did the job. The kids weren't able to eat the houses, but they could eat everything they put on it.


Xavier and his friends got their own bowl of candy to decorate their houses.
Collin and Gavin are just a couple months apart. They have a good time following each other around trying to keep up with the big kids.

This was the before picture, but I didn't get an after picture. Gavin pretty much sat next to Hunter the entire time we decorated the houses and ate his bowl of candy. Just picture a rainbow of colors running down the corners of his mouth. Heavenly.

Kohlmann. He is an Iron Man gingerbread making machine!
Xavier is a Jedi Knight. At least that's what he told me. From the looks of his costume, he's right- a Knight hat and a Jedi robe.

Martin. Trying to stay warm with his hat.

Lindsay and Baxter! Great smiles!

Nicholas. This kid has more energy than Xavier. I didn't think that was possible. Seeing Xavier and Nicholas together is a hoot.
T.J., Gina (mommy) and Natalie
Cutest kiddos ever!
Natalie can sure hold her own with all these crazy boys around. We had a ball and it was so fun to have a house full of rambunctious boys + Natalie and all the mommies. It's so fun to see how each one of them has their own little personality and how they all have a great time playing together.

My first Gingerbread house party was a hit. Next year maybe I'll have everyone build and design their own house/castle/cottage/cave/shack/mansion for a little more creative spin.

1 comments:

Linz said...

I think the glue gun is genius! Makes perfect sense to me. Think of all the many families who have been frustrated by collapsing gingerbread houses! Great idea for a party!