Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday Baking

In between all the craziness of my surgery, traveling to Michigan for Thanksgiving, having my sister Kendra's family visit and the Donadieu family visit I managed to squeeze in some holiday baking on the one free weekend in between visitors. This is probably the only time of year you will see me bake, but it has come to be an activity I really enjoy doing with my family. Each year Xavier does more and more of it with me and I look forward to the day when Gavin can participate as well. (Although, both of my boys had their fair share of M&M's during the baking marathon)

Xavier was my sous chef. He helped frost and put the embellishments on the treats.

Xavier in action!

GOTCHA!
Meanwhile, Gavin kept getting anything and everything out of our pantry. While I was in the middle of making the dough Gavin made his own fun. He found a container of cereal and got comfortable on the couch to enjoy his late night snack of Rice Krispies. I didn't take a close up of the Rice Krispies blanket all over my couch.

The final plates. We made some brownies, Rice Krispies treats shaped in Christmas shapes like stars, stockings, snowmen, and candy canes, and our new favorite...Santa Surprise Cookies. I think this is my new go-to Christmas cookie. It has a mini snickers in the center and is dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with melted Dove dark chocolate. Delish!

I made 10 plates for friends and neighbors. The fun part was delivering them to everyone as a family. Xavier had a blast ringing the doorbells and surprising everyone with our cookies.
Happy baking and tasting your holiday treats wherever you are.

0 comments: