Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cinderella's Castle

My sister Kendra and her family came to visit for about 5 days, so we fit in a few Christmas activities while they were here. One of them was visiting Cinderella's Castle. I had heard about this place last year, but we didn't get around to seeing it. This year, I thought it a great opportunity to take my sis along for the ride. It was incredible!

This is someone's house.
We met the couple who owns the home. The wife passes out candy canes to all the visitors and the couple talks to everyone that comes to see their wonderful lights. As I spoke to the husband he told me that he has 6 grandchildren and they have been doing this light theme for 6 years now. It takes them 6 weeks to get all the lights up starting in late October. Wow! They were such a nice couple and they do it just to make others happy.

All they ask is that you donate money or nonperishable food that they will donate to the food bank.

Cindrella's Carriage
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White
They also had Aerial, Sleeping Beauty, Cars, and the Grinch. Xavier and Ava discovered the little playhouse in their backyard that was all lit up and ready to be played in. Xavier hugged the mini Christmas tree inside the playhouse and said "I love you!"

The kids had such a good time they didn't want to leave. As we drove away, Xavier said, "Mommy I'm sad. I didn't want to leave Christmasland".
It struck me that as I looked at those lights I was in awe. But then I thought about it from Xavier's point of view and I'm sure it was ten times as grand and beautiful in his little world. Then I smiled because he will remember "Christmasland" for years to come. It's a wonderful feeling to create happy memories for my children.

0 comments: