The weather here on the East Coast has been pretty crazy lately. I'm starting to feel like we live in Seattle with how much rain we are getting. During the weekend of hurricane Irene we pretty much stayed indoors most of the time. So we had a lot of time to be creative. Our project was to build a castle and fill it with knights. Voila! An afternoon indoors and keeping busy.
On one of the only sunny days in the past couple weeks we managed to get out and enjoy the weather. Our first stop was to feed the ducks by Bushkill Creek. Gavin was so excited I thought he was going to jump in the water and swim away with the ducks. He also started saying "duh duh" for duck.

There were so many ducks. I wish I would have brought more bread.
I have been trying to come up with some new imaginative play ideas for Xavier during Gavin's nap time. This was a current favorite of Xavier's.......Dog Show.
I was the MC. Xavier was the assistant.
Xavier chose some judges that consisted of dinosaurs and transformers.
We introduced each dog and its owner.
Next was four rounds of competition.
The first round was an obstacle course for Xavier's dogs to perform. Walking on a balance beam, jumping through a hula hoop, standing on a chair and sitting, running around in a circle and catching a ball in its mouth.
Then there was a round of dog "tricks" where each dog had to perform a special trick only they can do. Two of my favorites that Xavier came up with was the flying dog and the dog that could drive a car. Definitely thinking outside the box.
Third there was a grooming round. The dogs were being judged on appearance.
Last there was an obedience round where the dogs had to sit, stand, roll over, jump, stay, and speak.
After a brief intermission with dog bones and snacks the awards were given to each dog.
The dog on the right....Brody....won best in show! Bark! Bark!

2 comments:
So cute! I love that the dogs got ribbons too!
You amaze me! I cannot believe that castle, and what a fun idea to do the dog show. Right now I'm letting Ethan play the Wii while Avery's sleeping and I'm vegging on the computer!?! :)
Post a Comment