Some ladies in my ward have started an informal craft group that gets together periodically to work on projects for the home. It has ignited my crafting bug. Since Tim and I have always rented I haven't really done much to decorate the places we've lived. I just didn't see the point in spending money on decor or things that might work in one place we lived and maybe not in the next so I keep holding off until we buy a home. But I've decided that I can make a few things to spruce up our home and add a little festive decor for each month. This month I tried a few simple things.I modge podged paper to some letters to place on some shelves I have on our wall. XOXO.
I might add some ribbon and embellishments if I can find some cute stuff on clearance later.
I used a picture frame I already had and taped some cute pink paper to the matte board. Then I glued some small craft marbles in the shape of hearts. I placed this up on our fireplace ledge along with some other knick knacks.My favorite one was my ribbon topiary. It was so easy. It took quite a bit of ribbon and some time, but it turned out pretty darn cute if I don't say so myself. All I did was get a styrofoam ball, a bunch of different ribbon, and some pins. You loop each piece of ribbon and just start pinning the loops to the ball. I then painted a pot black and a wooden stick black and voila! a ribbon topiary. This is something you can do for any holiday. I think I might try to do a St. Patty's day one or an Easter one too.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
1 comments:
These are so cute, and I think I could even handle them! That's a really good idea to make your own decorations. I've never bothered to stock up on anything but Christmas decorations, and maybe a few Halloween.
Post a Comment