It all began as a normal play date at the park. Xavier and Yohann love going to the park to play baseball together. We let them play.
Then a cry and blood running down Xavier's head. Thankfully Tim acted quickly and started cleaning up the wound. Apparently right behind the baseball diamond there is an old blue water pump that just so happened to be the same height as Xavier. He was running and having a good time, but didn't notice the pump in front of him. He ran right smack into it with his forehead.
We ended the playdate a little early to go home and clean the cut. The bleeding stopped fairly quickly and we thought Xavier would be okay. So after some tears, some Skittles, and some kisses Xavier was back to normal. Or so we thought. We drove up to Novi (about an hour and a half drive) from Lansing to do a few things before our move. His head seemed to be okay.
By the time we headed back home Xavier's head wasn't gushing blood, but had a little bit of fresh blood near the wound. The cut was pretty deep. We made a call to Uncle and Nurse John to look at it. Uncle John recommended we take him in and thought it might need a few stitches. So we did.
The doctor we got was amazing! He was silly and quirky and Xavier liked him right off the bat. They were talking about baseball and cats. When the doctor asked Xavier what happened Xavier said, "I ran into the blue thing at Comerica Park." (Keep in mind the park we were playing at was Patriarch Park and Comerica Park is where the Tigers play) Kind of cute.
Then the worst part- the stitches. Tim had to pin Xavier down while the nurse held his head. The doctor had to put a needle in his forehead which Xavier had had it at this point. Then he started stitching him up. All Xavier could do was scream, "Get me out of here. I want to go home!" I was sitting trying not to ball my eyes out. Then he screamed for me. I instantly was by his side trying to get him to talk about anything, sports, trains, sharks, friends, dogs......It seemed to distract him enough for the doctor to finish. Phew! It was all over. Xavier was such a brave little boy and after the nurse let him have a couple stickers and a stuffed cat he was good as new.
Just last week my mother-in-law and I were talking about how I had managed to keep Xavier from getting stitches or any broken bones up to this point. I was feeling pretty proud of myself. By the age of 3 Tim had had at least 9 stitches, knocked out his teeth, and keeping his mother on her toes. Well, I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and as the saying goes, like father like son.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
I've learned to never say anything, you'll only jinx it!
That must have been horrible for you and Tim to watch (and hold) him on the table, so sad! But I have to ask, did Tim rip his shirt off in true Jacob form when he saw the blood on Xavier's head? ;)
NO:(,,,,,,,0
Barfing frowny face.
Post a Comment