Thursday, May 6, 2010

I love this picture. Tim has been cleaning out some of his boxes that were stored at his parents house. He came across this photo of when his parents were first married. Tim's mom is 2 months pregnant with their oldest child. Doesn't it look like it came from a movie or magazine?



Some background information in the words of Tim's dad:

October 26th 1968, on the carrier dock at the Naval
Air Station, Alameda, California. I am about to redeploy to Vietnam for another tour of duty. Mom is about 2 months pregnant with Jennifer but is not showing yet. That is Grandma Riodelle standing behind her. My mother, and her dad also came out to see me off and to give mom a ride back to Detroit. The time is pretty emotional for both of us to say the least. The ship in the background is the Attack Air Craft Carrier USS Ranger (CVA-61). At this time I am the Leading Supply Department Yeoman, all supplies coming on board and leaving the ship for the entire cruise will go through me. It was a pretty awesome position for a non-rated 21 year old Seaman (aka:supply chain manager) lol

3 comments:

Linz said...

That is awesome--frameable!!

Stephanie said...

That picture is way cool, and I love hearing the history behind it!

And as far as finding a "friend like that...," hello! You have me! I might be missing the fancy camera, but I would totally take pictures for you, anytime. I am wide open until this baby makes her debut into the world!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it too. Thanks for sharing!!