Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



I read this on one of my friend's blogs and had to post it on mine. I couldn't have said it better myself.

"Have you ever thought of yourself (or others) as "just a mom"? I know I have. When people ask me where I work I have even said, 'Oh, I'm just a stay at home mom." I don't feel like I am "just a mom", so why do I down play it or let others make me feel like what I do everyday isn't that important. It is important!

Oprah Winfrey said: 'We should no longer allow a mother to be defined as 'just a mom.' It is on her back that great nations are built. To play down mothering as small""is to crack the very foundation on which greatness stands. The world can only value mothering to the extent that women everywhere stand and declare that it must be so. We affirm other mothers and as we teach our sons, husbands and friends to hold them in the highest regard, we honor both the mothers whose shoulders we have stood on...and the daughters who will one day, stand tall on ours.'"

I hope all the mother's out their realize the important role they play in making a difference in the world. I've only been a mom for 3 short years, but I am proud to be a mom! Thank you to all the mom's out there that I am constantly looking up to and learning from. Celebrate this day!

3 comments:

The Lindsays said...

Such a great thought! Happy Mother's Day!

Tim R said...

Love you hun. Happy Mother's Day.

Aubreydoll said...

Amen to that! Happy Mother's Day!