This is the time of year where everyone is almost done with finals and everyone celebrates another successful year of school. Community Honors is an evening that every MBA student and their significant other looks forward to attending. They've nicknamed it the MBA prom. So Tim and I were excited to have a date and get all dressed up for the occasion. I may be a mom, but I still love having an excuse to dress up.
Xavier wasn't too fond of the idea he couldn't come with us. What a serious face huh?
It started off with appetizers and lots of chit chat among friends. Then we sat down for a delicious dinner. All our friends at the table we were sitting at happened to have kids. It was rather entertaining swapping funny kid stories. We all had several good laughs. After dinner they give out all kinds of awards for community involvement, school spirit, academic achievement, etc. Then there are mock awards. Tim won the award of most likely to defend Mac's and mock those who have a PC.
Tim and his friend Anthony put together a video to end the program. I'll have to post it on the blog.
The rest of the evening was for dancing and just enjoying being with a big group of awesome people. We are sure going to miss everyone. I know I am saying that a lot lately, but the closer it gets to us moving the harder it is to say goodbye.
Eric Rogers (the biggest STATE fan you'll ever meet), Tim, Jeremy, Stephanie, and Carlos Beltran (class president and a super great guy!)
Andrew Gerould (Wins the gold star. He had to live away from his wife and son for two years while getting his MBA. ) Bobby Yamanaka, Chris Cho, and Tim
Clarita, Tim, and Leoni
Andrew Gerould, Tricia Gerould (Wins two gold stars for living away from her husband, working full time, taking care of their son, and selling their house right before graduation all on her own. She did it all without going crazy!) me and Tim.
Katie Blakeley (Getting married to Chris Cho. They've given us an excuse to come back to Michigan in October. Yeah!)
Henry, , Tim, Josh Grabner
Yan, Tim, and Mike
Carlos Beltran, Matt Ritter, Anthony Khedaywi, Tim (A bunch of goofballs when they're all together.)
Maria Pintar, Adolfo, March Camargo (Adolfo's wife), me and Tim
Leoni, Sam Payne, Carlos' girlfriend Allison, and Carlos
We had a blast with all of our friends and will miss them tons!
Thanks to aunt Mary for watching Xavier. When we got home she told us a few funny things Xavier did while we were away. As they were picking up toys Xavier said to Mary "Mary, don't take my toys away from me. You need to ask!" Something I'm constantly telling him when he grabs toys out of other kids hands. Mary said to Xavier that they weren't playing they were picking up. He was quickly corrected.
Then she was reading him a story before bed and he said "Mary you're a good reader!" Then he'd run to his bookshelf and get another book and another. She said she read him 4 stories and they weren't short ones they were long ones like Horton Hears a Who. He is definitely learning the art of flattery to get what he wants.
After stories Mary tucked him into bed and said, "Okay, let's say your prayers." And Xavier said, "Mary, this is not reverent." Then he hopped out of his blanket and knelt by the side of his bed to say his prayers.
It's nice to know when I think he's not listening he really is....:) He makes sure those rules and routines are followed when mommy and daddy are away. Boy do I love this little guy!
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
3 comments:
I didn't know you guys had this night as well! How fun! Ashley, you look beautiful!
You look HOT! How fun!!
Yeah, Xavier doesn't look too happy in that picture! (You look gorgeous though!)
And I think Matt might give that State fan a run for his money!!
Post a Comment