In two days we were able to see the Capitol, Washington Monument, Lincoln Monument, WWI, WWII, Vietnam and Korean War Monuments, The National Air and Space Museum, Arlington National Cemetery, and the Washington DC LDS Temple. We spent one day just hanging out and had tons of fun times with the Beatles Rockband! I have learned that I'm not too shabby on the drums. I think it was my favorite instrument and I pretty much stuck with that most of the time. Xavier loved playing with Ronan and Porter and they definitely had fun running around like 3 little Indians! Noah introduced us to a drink called Bubble Tea which is basically a fruit smoothy with small tapioca balls mixed in. Xavier couldn't get enough of the "bubbles".
The boys first snowball fight
Washington D.C temple. When we first entered the city it was at about 10 at night. We were just driving along and all of a sudden we saw this amazing light beyond the trees. It was the temple. It was such an amazing sight. Our first thought was there must be a lot of accidents on this stretch of highway. You aren't expecting it and when you see it it is so amazing and beautiful.
Arlington cemetary. The magnitude of this cemetary is mind boggling even after we visited. All I can say is wow and express my gratitude for all those who have served our country and fought for the freedoms we enjoy each day! I'm proud to be an American. I hope that I can instill that same pride in my children. I also want them to know the importance of serving one's country.
Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
The Eternal Flame
My little rockstar. He kept singing "Gree you rock you back", which is Xavier's twist on an old classic "We will, we will rock you!"
Porter and Xavier continually argued about what the right words to the song were. They never settled the matter.
Lincoln Memorial- one of my favorite stops.
After miles of walking we finally got a quick pick of this view! I was proud of my little prego body hanging in and not even taking any rests along our long trek from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial.
This is just a small section of the massive WWII Memorial. It is so beautiful and makes the WWI memorial look tiny.
Jefferson Memorial
The White House is in the background. Hopefully next time we can go on a tour. Apparently you have to get a letter from your congressman before they'll let you go on a tour. We certainly need to plan this one a little in advance.
One of my favorite ladies!! I always love being with this girl. She's fun, we never run out of things to talk about, she's an awesome mom, she is so talented and crafty, and she is such a nice and genuine person. She's like one of my sisters!
The Capitol building
We can't wait to visit this city again. There are so many more things I want to see.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
4 comments:
I love all the pics from your trip! The temple is beautiful! I'm glad you guys had such a good time, I bet it was nice to get away for a little bit. I love the picture of your header with X.
What an awesome (and loaded) trip!! I love that Porter and Xavier were arguing about song lyrics, hilarious!
I'm tired just looking at your pictures and thinking of doing all that pregnant! You are one tough woman. What an amazing trip!!!
Also, the whole accident thing with the D.C. temple...My old roomate is from Pennsylvania and said that there are a lot of accidents specifically for the reason you said!?! Crazy! I can only imagine the view.
yip, yip, hooray!!! We had SOO much fun with you guys. I am so happy that you could come visit. And YOU are definitely one of MY FAVORITE LADIES!!! This year has been good (and bad:) for me. We have gotten to spend so much time together, it makes me miss you so much more when you are gone!!! I love you to pieces, definitely one of my true sisters:) Thanks again for coming to visit-we r awesome that's for sure! Packing it in, even with a day off! but.....now we will be here all year!!! So you will get to see MUCH more of us!! Remember..can't wait to come see new baby boy richardson!!!!! YAY!!! I'm getting my bearings more, so we'll have more fun things to see next time too! love you guys!!!
Post a Comment