We definitely rang in the new year and decade with a jam-packed day. We first went to a Piston's game with Uncle John, Zach, Eli, and John's buddy and two sons. I felt a little out of my league since I was the only girl amongst 8 boys and men. I guess I didn't get the memo that no girls were aloud. Who says women aren't as big of sports fans as guys! The Pistons played the Chicago Bulls. As a kid I wasn't a Utah Jazz fan, well I was by default, but I loved the Bulls. Who wasn't a fan of the Bulls back then though. I always wished I could have gone to a Bulls game as a kid. So it was fun to see them play. Too bad they aren't as good as they used to be.
The last time we took Xavier to a Pistons game he was 18 months old. This time the beginning terrified him. If you've ever been you know what I'm talking about. They turn all the lights off. The announcer's microphone is as loud as possible, and their are flames of fire shooting up from the basketball hoops. We were in almost the furthest seat from the court and we could feel the heat from the flames. Xavier kept saying "No, the fire! No, the fire! It's gonna get us!" We kept reassuring him that it wouldn't hurt us and he insisted he did something bad because the fire was there. Tim was smart and said they use the fire to scare the other team. So Xavier kept repeating over and over "The fire scares the Bulls! The fire scares the Bulls!" I think we went over this conversation about 100 times during the game. By about half time he was shouting "Let's go Pistons! Defense! and Rip Hamiltom!"
If you notice Tim is wearing his Pistons Bad Boys shirt in honor of the good old days.
Joe and Amy hosted New Year's this year, so we headed to their house after the game. Here Xavier is bargaining with aunt Jenny for some Starbursts.
Amelia was the life of the party. She's all ready to go in her princess dress and make up. She tried on every princess dress Grace and Lillian owned and every time she'd come up to me and say "Look!" She was so proud at how beautiful she looked.
Amy's mom is a fabulous cook and she managed to provide most of this spread. I think she prepared to feed an army! The Richardson's and Beach's sure know how to party!
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment