Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Next stop: Washington D.C.

After our visit with Mars we headed over to Washington D.C. Some of our best friends, the Donadieu's, just moved there so Noah to start his training working in the foreign services. I've never been to D.C. My first impression: Amazing! There is so much to see and do here. We had just a sampling of all the great history that resides in this great city.

We had a jam packed weekend of sightseeing. Our first stop was the National Air and Space Museum. As soon as you walk in you are completely overwhelmed at the size of everything in the museum. It's huge! There are planes, missiles, rockets, and all sorts of things to look at. Xavier loved seeing everything up close.



This is the Spirit of St. Louis



This is from Apollo 13



Some rocket ships



There was an entire exhibit on the Wright Brothers.

I've always wanted to come to D.C. because there is so much to see and do. As a kid and teen learning about so much history was fun! But actually being able to come to museums that have the things you hear about in history books certainly brings it to life and makes it more memorable.

2 comments:

The Lindsays said...

LOVE the picture of Xavier at the top of your blog!

Aubreydoll said...

Okay, now I'm conviced that we'll have to visit D.C. at some point, too (I've never been either)! Bauer would LOVE to see that museum!