Sunday, February 8, 2009

NO MORE PACI!

Hip hip hooray! Xavier has weened himself from the pacifier. I almost couldn't believe it myself. This is how it happened. He started with 3 pacifiers in his crib. We lost one I don't know when or where, which left him with two. He'd usually suck on one and hold the other.

One day I discovered he had bit a hole in one of the pacifiers. He said to me "mommy broken, fix it." I told him that I couldn't fix the pacifier that it was broken for good. I threw it away and that was that.

I bought a book this week called "No more pacis". I had been reading the book to Xavier for a couple of days and he loved it. Then on Wednesday I looked at his final paci and noticed the tip had been bitten off of that one too. So I said "Uh oh, it's broken bud." I took it out of his crib and Xavier didn't ask any questions.
He cried for it a couple times and I reminded him that it was broken. I reassured him that he was a big boy now and didn't need a pacifier. So needless to say he has been pacifier free for 5 whole days.

My goal was to have it gone by his 2nd birthday and much to my surprise we beat that goal. Thank goodness. Hooray for Xavier for accomplishing such a major milestone.

3 comments:

Linz said...

That's so awesome!!

I was so happy when we were done with that with Violet. Just a few months later when I saw Daphne with hers and I looked at Violet, I just couldn't even imagine Violet with one! It makes them seem way more grown up. I have a love-hate relationship with pacis. Congrats Xavier!

Aubreydoll said...

Way to go, Xavier!!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

I am so proud of you guys. I am glad it went so well. Hopefully we will have the same luck with Ellie... someday!