Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jr. Pre-school and the letter H







We had our first field trip with our junior pre-school class yesterday. Instead of having a lesson about the letter H we decided to visit the Horse Barns at MSU. The kids enjoyed seeing the horses up close. The other kids inspected the horses while Xavier made mischief of his own. Xavier found a cat and chased that around for a while, then he found a garbage can and decided to bang on it like a drum, third he thought he would stand in one of the empty stables (yeah, I'm so glad he was able to get covered in hay and horse poop), and then he attempted to drive their John Deer vehicle. I guess if he didn't learn that horse starts with H he learned explore starts with E and I was T for tired by the end of our field trip. he he!

We also stopped by the Butterfly house, but the butterflies won't be ready until next month. So we might just have to make another trip to see the butterflies in action.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Horse poop and hay start with H, he's just ahead of his class and was showing them all the things that start with H!

Stephanie said...

Good idea doing an outing. It was fun...minus Skyler's tantrum at the very end. I wonder when I'll get to leave pre-school without dragging a screaming toddler behind me??? :)