Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013


We couldn't wait to go to Michigan this year!  For one, Reid would get to meet the entire Richardson side of the family.  Second, Xavier and Gavin were dying to spend time with their cousins.
Kathryn, James' wife made this cardigan for Reid.  It was a 6 month size, and at two months my big man fit into it.  He is already melting hearts!
We ended up staying with Joe and Amy the first half of the week.  Our next stop was a visit to the Prosser's.  Our kids are all the same ages, so it is always fun to get together with them.  We actually got everyone smiling this year.
Then we visited John and Reva and got to watch Eli play basketball.
Auntie Reva and Reid enjoying the game.
Gavin couldn't get enough of his BIG cousin's Zach and Eli.
This picture makes me smile and at the same time makes me want to cry.  I wish we could have these moments every day with family.  It makes it hard living far from all these cute little faces especially when you see how much fun they are having.  They are all helping Grandma make the bread crumbs for our turkey stuffing.
Even though these boys live far apart, they still act as if they haven't spent a day away from each other. They even have the same pajamas.  Buds for life.
Buds for life.  Forest came to dinner too!  It's always so nice to have him be a part of our Thanksgiving fun.
I did not shoot this year because I had Reid to care for and boy was I glad.  It was in the twenties and snowy and COOOOOOLLLD!  But the others still had a good time.  Grandpa built a fire to help keep everyone warm.
Gavin and Cory messing around.  Gavin loves a good teasing.
This was me most of the time.  Rocking and nursing, nursing and rocking.  It was nice to not be at home where I do this and think about all the other chores I'm not getting done.  Here, all I had to worry about was snuggling my baby while enjoying lots of great chats with family.

The week went by way too fast as it does every year.  We went home with happy hearts.   The older I get the more grateful I am for such a big and wonderful family full of laughter, happiness, and love.  Each person is so different from the other, yet we all support each other, learn from each other, and love each other.  It's loud.  It's fun.  It's crazy.  It's family!
Mom sent us home with a couple of her pumpkin pies.  So while we enjoyed her tasty pie, we talked about the wonderful memories of our Thanksgiving vacation.
And to end this post I will list all the things I am grateful for this past year.....
I am grateful for.....
Family, of course, because I wouldn't be here today without each and everyone of them helping me, teaching me, and loving me along the way
Another healthy baby boy
A healthy pregnancy and delivery
A wonderful husband who always helps me, loves me, supports me and spoils me in every way
Xavier for his love of learning and knowledge
Gavin for his spunk, his stubbornness and determination, his silliness
Wonderful friends including Lindsay, Conni, Kim, Christy, Saji, and Karina that teach me what a true friend is all about
For trials that help me and Tim to rely on each other
For experiences that keep me humble
For the chance to be a parent and get a glimpse of the love Heavenly Father has for me
For the chance to see my children grow and develop and to love someone more than myself
Xavier for all his little surprise kindnesses and his helpful and happy attitude
Gavin for his reminders to hug more and yell less
Tim's job that allows me to be a stay at home mom
Forgiveness- because I need to be forgiven a lot for all my imperfections
My faith in God and my testimony that gives me perspective in all things
The opportunity to go to England with Tim and celebrate our 10 year anniversary
Grandparents who have been willing to help us out in times of need
Experiences that teach me I can't be superwoman and do everything myself.  I need to accept help from others and that's okay.
Sacrifice which allows me to learn more self control and to know that we can't have everything we want the way we want it.
Tim for staying with me all these years and being an honest, loyal, and forgiving husband.
I could keep going, but I will stop here for now.  I hope to remember that there are things to be grateful for each day and in those moments of gratitude I realize joy in each day.

Happy Thanksgiving 2013!




0 comments: