....And.......Breathe! This year I feel like life has been on fast forward since Reid was born. I feel like I don't even know when one day ends and another begins since I'm up all hours of the day and night depending on Reid's schedule. Plus the added stress of getting everything ready for Christmas. Lots of shopping, lots of baking, lots of gift giving. These have all been good things, but I didn't really sit and reflect on the season until all those things were done and Christmas Eve arrived. I definitely enjoyed seeing the joy my boys had at picking out presents for each other, picking out presents for a little boy they sponsored for Toys for Tots and the complete joy on their face when I put up a little Christmas tree in their bedroom that was their very own. They got excited each morning to open one of our Christmas books that was left under the tree. They helped me bake (eat) cookies and deliver them to all our neighbors and friends. The hustle and bustle of all these activities truly brings the spirit alive in our hearts. Each time a card was given, a gift was delivered, cookies were packaged our hearts felt happy because we were doing these things for the people we loved. That is the essence of Christmas. The joy of giving something of ourselves to those we love.
On the Eve of our Savior's birth we opened up our pj's, read Luke 2, made cookies for Santa, and drove around to see Christmas lights.
While we were out driving around Xavier said, "Mom, Dad, we better get home now." This was after about 10 minutes in the car. I asked him why he was in a hurry to get home. He emphatically stated that if we didn't go home now, and go to sleep Santa wouldn't come. That will be the first and only time my child begs me to go home and go to bed. Hilarious.
Xavier left a note for Santa that said,
"Dear Santa,
I believe in you so much I would come downstairs, but I won't. Your number one believer and fan, Xavier. P.S. Please respond to me on this piece of paper." There was a drawing of X with Santa on the note as well.
He put an arrow pointing to the right and placed an extra piece of paper for Santa to respond to his letter.
I thought this was so adorable.
"Dear Santa,
I believe in you so much I would come downstairs, but I won't. Your number one believer and fan, Xavier. P.S. Please respond to me on this piece of paper." There was a drawing of X with Santa on the note as well.
He put an arrow pointing to the right and placed an extra piece of paper for Santa to respond to his letter.
I thought this was so adorable.
Three boys all snug in their jammies.
Sweet dreams everyone. May the magic of Christmas come alive while the little ones sleep.
Sweet dreams everyone. May the magic of Christmas come alive while the little ones sleep.


0 comments:
Post a Comment