Tim had 5 days of paternity leave and then it was mommy back to being mommy full tilt. It was definitely adjusting to 3 kids, no sleep, and trying to keep up with school, cleaning, cooking, and so on! After a few weeks of this Tim had to start traveling again. He didn't travel the last couple months of my pregnancy and had to start making up for it. During October and November Tim had several business trips in a row, so my mom came to visit and help out while Tim was gone. It was so wonderful having her company and her help. She is the most fabulous house guest and mother a gal could ask for. Even though she has a bad back and terrible knees I didn't hear her complain once while she was with us for 3 1/2 weeks. All she did was ask how else she could help. The biggest help was having her happy personality in our home. We had wonderful visits and could talk the day away.
My boys definitely kept her on her toes. We had many outings and a busy schedule while Grandma visited. We went to Gavin and Xavier's Halloween parades at school, we went trick or treating, we went to Mars Fall Fest, we went to our ward's trunk or treat, we visited the Firehouse in Easton as shown below
Gavin was amazed at how high the ladder could go.
Gavin thought it was so cool to get a picture with real firemen.
We went to Xavier's soccer games and tournaments, we went shopping, we went to the library, and I tried to get a few naps in amongst the craziness. Since Reid is my third kid, I quickly realized life goes on and sleep was something that would be scarce for a while......
We also had lots of time at home enjoying little Reid.
My mom even helped me put up my Christmas tree in the middle of November. I knew if I didn't get it done while she was visiting it would end up being New Year's before it got done. (Since we go to Michigan for Thanksgiving every year if it doesn't get put up before we leave I would be behind when we got home.) At least we are able to enjoy it a little longer.
When the day came for my mom to leave I was soooooo sad to see her go. It went by way to quick as good things always do. I wish we could have kept her longer. But we were so grateful to have her for a time. The boys loved having Grandma all to themselves. Her presence is definitely missed. Sometimes I still go into Reid's room thinking I will see her smiling face or stumble upon her suitcase. Thank you mom for your help and your love!



0 comments:
Post a Comment