Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Warrior Dash

Right before my birthday I participated in a Mud Run called the Warrior Dash.  It's a 5k running series with 13 obstacles.  

Here is our group of tough Warrior Women!
We tye dyed tank tops and put little sayings on them with puffy paint.  I put "You're good.  But I'm better" on my tank top.
I haven't ever been a serious runner before.  I get bored easily and I am always trying new things and mixing things up in my workouts.  Training for this event definitely helped motivate me to run more and further than I ever have.  I have to say that I really have come to enjoy running.  I am currently running at least 6 miles on my longer runs.  I'm trying to work up to 10.
At the end of the run we couldn't go home without sporting our helmets. (They are perhaps the ugliest things ever, but we had to flaunt our Warrior Status) 
My boys met me at the finish line!  That was the best seeing their faces after I finished.  I didn't get a picture with the mud all over me, but I was definitely muddy.  The most interesting obstacle was jumping over fire.  
There were about 10,200+ participants and I finished in about 42 minutes which was at number 3,002. It definitely didn't win any medals, but  I felt pretty good about it since it was my first one.
I had a blast and want to do another one!
My next goal is to complete a Tough Mudder.  (12 miles of running and 25 obstacles)  


0 comments: