Xavier had his primary program today at church. He did such an awesome job! He's been working so hard to learn all the songs and learn his parts. Practice, practice, practice definitely paid off. He sang all the songs and he even had his parts memorized. I was so proud of him. Watching the children sing the Primary songs and talk about all the things they've learned this year is my favorite Sunday. They have such pure sweet spirits and are such a joy to watch. The theme this year was "I know the scriptures are true." Today I was able to reflect on my own testimony of the scriptures and remember when I was a child, reading and pondering their teachings. I remember so many times reading from the scriptures and feeling such overwhelming peace in my life. Teaching my son from the scriptures each night before we go to bed is one of my favorite times of the day because no matter what has happened that day scripture time is family time and a time to feel the comfort of the word of God. I'm grateful for them and grateful that my son can know that the scriptures are a precious gift from our Heavenly Father. I hope that as we continue studying the scriptures with Xavier and Gavin they will find that we can use the scriptures as a way to get answers to our questions, find strength in times of weakness, see hope when all seems hopeless, find reminders of why we are here on this Earth, and most importantly a way to draw closer to our Savior and Redeemer.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
1 comments:
Hello, beautiful daughter, I was finally catching up on your news blog. (It's Dec.28th) I can't tell you was a joy it is to have you as Tim's wife, raising his little ones! Love and appreciate you so much. Mom
Post a Comment