Thursday, November 3, 2011

Snow in October

The weekend of Halloween we experienced a fluke snowstorm that turned out to be a pretty good dumping. We got at least a foot of snow and lost power for about 12 or 13 hours. The boys were so excited to see the snow, so we broke out the snow gear. I was breathing a sigh of relief that I had gotten all their snow gear early this year. I don't usually have it until November or so.

Gavin is just like his big brother. All he did was sit by the foot of our deck eating the snow.

I'm so excited that Gavin is bigger and walking this year. I feel like we'll be in the snow a lot more this year than we were last year. Sledding, snowmen, snow angels, and winter walks galore.

Xavier was so excited that he ran around our yard shouting how much he loved the snow. He even asked me if Christmas was coming.
The snow was perfect for building snow sculptures, so daddy and X made a snow pumpkin. We used water and food coloring in a water bottle to make our pumpkin orange.

I guess this was a sneak peek as to the fun we'll be having all winter.

1 comments:

The Lindsays said...

Love the pumpkin snow sculpture...you always have such fun ideas and so much fun with your kiddos!