We took a trip to Michigan for the first time since we moved. It was a super crazy time leading up to our departure day, but we had a blast visiting family and friends. Tim had two business trips in the two weeks leading up to our trip. The second trip was from Sunday September 26th to Tuesday September 28th. On Tuesday night Tim took a red eye flight from California to Michigan. He got home at about 10 am and then we left soon after that for Michigan. Tim had about 2 hours of sleep and managed to do the entire drive to Michigan. (Despite what you may think I offered to drive many times...) So for Tim he did about 25 hours of travel with 2 hours of sleep. What a trooper. I managed to take care of the kids, get us all packed and ready to go by the time Tim walked in the door. I was proud of myself for managing all the preparations for our first road trip with two kids.
A 10 hour car ride with two kids, especially an infant, may sound a little brave to some. I was hoping it would go smoothly and to my surprise it did. Xavier had no accidents in his pants!! SCORE! Gavin was happy for the most part. By the 8th hour he was a little sad. All I had to do was sit in between the boys during the last leg of our trip and Gavin was content. Plus, we only made 3 stops. I felt like Tim and I were pros or it was beginners luck.
The first night we stayed with Jenny. We got there pretty late and Jen has an amazing basement with every kind of early childhood learning activity and toy you can imagine. Well Xavier loves snakes, lizards and dinosaurs. So Jen brought all of her dinosaur toys, snake toys, and books to go along with these things upstairs for Xavier to explore on our bed. He was happy as a lark for a couple hours. By the time 1 or 2 am rolled around we thought it time to hit the sack. Xavier slept with a bucket of snakes and a smile on his face the size of Texas.
The next morning we headed to East Lansing for some fun time with friends.
First stop, the Prossers. We just so happened to visit on Skyler's birthday, which was extra fun. We had a yummy dessert and surprised Skyler with a fun present of princess items. Stephanie and Mitch got to meet Gavin. I got to play with miss Gracie.Xavier and Skyler picked up right where they left off. It was as if they'd just seen each other yesterday. Buds for life.
Hopefully these two will hit it off just as well as the older kids. It looks like they're pretty happy to be laying side by side.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment