Our Chunky Monkey
He is super close to laughing. He loves it when I tickle the sides of his head, his sides, or the inside of his thighs. He squeals when I put him on his changing table. I have a few pictures and toys hanging for him to look at and it's probably his favorite spot in the house.
He has rolled over a couple times, but stopped doing it, so I'm not sure if it was a fluke or what happened. But he does this little backward scoot where he digs his heels into the ground, arches his back, and scoots along the carpet or turns in a different position. There have been several mornings I've gone to get him out of his crib and instead of being parallel in his crib, he's perpendicular.
When I lay Gavin down for a nap or bed he instantly starts kicking his right leg. It reminds me of Thumper when he does it. He also gives me a big smile and coo as if he's ready to play instead of nap. I guess he knows it's the only moment in his day when Xavier isn't battling him for my attention.
Gavin loves to suck on his middle and ring fingers together. If he can't have his pacifier this is a great substitute.
It's the oddest thing, but when I clean out Gavin's nose with one of those bulb things, he smiles. I've never known a baby to like having that done, but he seems to be entertained by the feeling of it. He also smiles when he spits up and he spits up a lot. If I were him I'd be screaming my head off every time I had to spit up. Yuck!
If you'll notice Gavin's shirt, it's a gorilla. This was part of Xavier's gift to Gavin at the hospital. I'm so glad he fits in it now and he looks so cute in green.
Another month has past and our love for Gavin has grown even more. I can't even remember life before he entered our home. He has such a sweet demeanor and we are so glad to have him as part of our family.

4 comments:
What a sweetie! I love that he loves the bulb syringe! That's gotta say something for his temperament!
Oh my gosh he is so cute! What a cute smile! I can't believe how big he has gotten already.
All the pictures you posted are so stinkin' cute! Love the "number 11". Cute, cute, cute!
It's amazing how quickly you forget what life was like without your kids...and you don't ever really want to go back!
Post a Comment