Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nature Walk

I have to document this because it was quite hilarious. Today our family took a nice Sunday stroll on the nature trail by our house. It seems that everyone has a dog around here. When we pass people walking their dogs Xavier always asks what the dogs names are. On this particular Sunday we happened to pass a woman with two little dogs. Xavier did his usual and asked what their names were. Then we continued on our walk.


Ten minutes later we passed the same woman and Xavier decided he wanted to pet the dogs this time. This is how the rest of the encounter unfolds:
Xavier, "Can I pet your dogs?"
Woman, "Sure, they might give you kisses. Is that okay?"
Xavier, "No, that's icky."
Tim and I proceed to pet the dogs to show Xavier all they'll do is lick his hands. Xavier warms up to the dogs and starts playing with them and having fun. Then the woman says, "Now I get to pick up the poop. That's the not so fun part."
Xavier "Why do you have to pick up the poop?"
Woman, "Well I pick it up and throw it away. Everybody poops!"
Xavier, "Yeah. I poop!"
Woman, "You do?!"
Xavier, "I poop on the potty. I make big poops just like Optimus Prime!"
Me, "Okay Xavier tell her thank you. Let's keep walking."
We thank the woman and tell her to have a good night.

So there you have it. Xavier has a poop conversation with a complete stranger. She now knows he poops on the toilet and also the size of his poops. I'm sure that was the highlight of her day.
I guess poop is also a part of nature and that would make our "nature" walk complete.


2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Hahaha, oh man, the size of Optimus Prime...

Stephanie said...

LOL! I love it!