Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lehigh Valley Zoo

Summer wouldn't be complete without a trip to the zoo. We had a couple to choose from, the Philadelphia Zoo or the Lehigh Valley Zoo. The second one was closer so we opted for that one. It was much smaller than the Philly Zoo, more like the Lansing Zoo.


On our way to the zoo Xavier said "Will there be lions and tigers?"
Tim said, "Nope not at this zoo. But there is a really cool lynx"
Xavier, "Will there be giraffes?"
Tim, "Probably not."
"Will there be elephants or bears?"
"I don't think so, but there might be some zebras."

We were starting to second guess our decision to go to the smaller zoo. What's a zoo without bears, elephants, giraffes, and lions right? We went anyway and had a good time, but next time we're definitely driving the extra 30 minutes to go to the Philadelphia Zoo.

Xavier's favorite exhibit was the penguins.





I enjoyed the camels. They were so close and there was one that was sleeping. It looked like a big blob on the ground.
Did you know that zebras have their own stripe pattern just like humans have their own unique fingerprint? I think this is the closest I've been to a zebra. Usually the zebras are way in the back of an exhibit and you can never see them very well.

This was such a neat contrast- an entire pond of bright orange fish and one big golden yellow fish in the middle.

Xavier fed the goats. Boy did they get excited when they saw food in Xavier's hand. They'd hop right up to his face to get a treat.
We even fed some birds.
Lions or tigers or bears- who needs 'em?

1 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Yeah, a small zoo is fine once...but after a while it's a little old!

I've had my fill of Potter Park...