I haven't really written much about this pregnancy. I feel like with Xavier I enjoyed and soaked up every second of my pregnancy. This time around has been a little different. With planning our future and chasing after Xavier I haven't taken much time to sit back and think about this one. Plus the 1st trimester, let's just say, is not a fun one. I wanted to write some of the similarities and differences of the two.
XAVIER : BABY 2
Working vs: Stay at home
Nauseous 24/7 vs: Nauseous 24/7, but more severe and the worst in the middle of the night. This prevented me from sleeping all that great.
Many food aversions, craved meats and fruit vs: More cravings, than food aversions this time. My favorite foods during the first trimester were pretzels dipped in peanut butter, tuna fish sandwiches, egg and english muffin breakfast sandwiches, cheese, and chocolate. Fruit made me more nauseous.
Tired vs: So tired I feel like an 80 year old woman
Serious sinus infections vs: Feel like I have had a sinus infection since September
I was able to exercise the entire pregnancy vs: I've managed to exercise 4-5 days a week despite my lack of sleep and lack of energy.
Thought Xavier was going to be a girl vs: Didn't have any feelings either way.
Felt baby kick at 21 or 22 weeks vs: I felt the baby kick around 18 weeks
Had a wonderful and happy demeanor throughout the pregnancy. My mood probably fluctuated less during pregnancy than it ever has. vs: Extremely moody. I can be fine one minute and biting Tim's head off the next. I'm easily frustrated and easily stressed out with this one. It's just a complete rollercoaster; kind of like severe PMS for the past 5 months. (Tim will definitely
be glad when this is over with. Sorry honey)
My skin broke out like I was in middle school again vs: My complexion has been clearer than it ever has been. (I'll keep this one)
Smells really bothered me vs: Sense of smell pretty much stinks right now, so smells don't seem to bother me
Crazy and vivid dreams vs: Same
The most exciting part about having a second baby is to see what his personality will be like and who he will look like. Xavier seems to take after me in the looks department and after Tim in the personality department. So, we could have a boy who is completely opposite of that or anything in between. We may even end up with a redhead. The possibilities are fun to think about.
How to Make Jello Worms for Halloween
1 day ago
4 comments:
I think exhaustion is always bad with a second because you're chasing after a toddler! Plus, you have about a MILLION other things going on. I hope you get some rest and start feeling better. LOVE YOU!
I'm so sad that you won't be here when that little guy makes his appearance! And the tired thing, TOTALLY with you on that. I was worthless when I was pregnant with Cadance, could barely get my eyes open in the mornings. However, after she was born (even though we were dealing with a newborn) I felt like a million bucks so just hang in there, the end is coming!
I think its true you're more tired when you're chasing a toddler, however you've had an especially rough time of it. You're probably the only person I know who will get more sleep when the newborn arrives! I know this pregnancy has been hard on you. My opinion is that you are going to have a little angel baby because of it... :)
Oh the possibilities!! All I can say is two little boys are the greatest... (even if they are the complete opposite :)) I'm so excited for you! I wish you were going to be around so I could get to know this little guy and his personality ;(
Post a Comment